Thursday, December 20, 2012

Next year it's going to be different! Oh my, haven't we all said/heard that before. Well I am saying it again, of course, in my life every year is different, unfortunately the end result seems to be the same. I just don't know how to make the changes I want, but I know I want this time of year to have more meaning. I am liking the "Holiday Season" less and less as time goes by. As always to much to do, no time to do it, and trying to "please" too many people. I need to really sit down with myself and figure out what I want out of it, how to explain it to others and how to make the changes necessary.  I know alot of the "issues" I'm having with this year is missing the people who will not be physically with me, (My dad who passed this year, My daughter and family) but it's more than that, it's the feeling of "Obligation"; the having to do this, having to do that. I know, I know, we all have obligations but when there are more and more things one does because they feel they "Have To" it's something that has to be addressed. We shall see what happens, of course with the unknown changes that are to occur in the next year some of this may be a mute point.

Anyway.... What a crazy couple of months it has been, vacation, hurricanes, hospitalizations, dealing with all the emotions of the Connecticut tragedy, getting ready for the holidays, Phew!!!  I haven't had the time to update here. Hopefully I will get some photos and brief descriptions of some of the thing I done up in the next several days. I think I am done with my Christmas sewing and of course am already thinking of next year! So many things I want to Sew!!!! With the new year will hopefully get back to wardrobe sewing though not as completely as I thought but a month ago. One of the changes in my life has lead me readdress my sewing. I have decided to put off buying that new machine for at least a year (hopefully mine will keep on chugging). My hubby and I have joined a gym and signed up for personal training! I have wanted to do this for quite some time so when hubby suggested we do it I jumped on it! Going to the gym three times a week will cut into my crafting time but being physically active is so very important. And need to see financially how this will effect the budget before I spend the money on a sewing machine.

In three weeks I have gone from not being able to do a full body pushup to being able to two perfect and one almost!!! Go Me!!! The funny thing is now that I will have less time to sew I am going to need new pants. Oh well may have to buy some while I learn to fit and start making my own. Also plan to revamp some of the ones I have, a nip and tuck here and there. All to be decided next week or next year.

Well enough for now. To anyone reading this May you find the Magic of Christmas and May you hold it in your heart throughout the New Year!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Good on you for putting your health and fitness first, at this hectic time of year! The benefits will show more and more each week - we all should take a leaf out of your book.
    We have toned Christmas down this year, for what would seem many the same reasons as yours.
    Enjoy the Christmas days with hubby, and keep true to yourself...catch up in the New Year with your sewing...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith. It seems to be a good trend among many these days, I guess the pendulum is finally swinging the other way May Christmas and all the seasons be enjoy more fully!

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a very happy and peaceful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete