Monday, October 15, 2012



M5933Funny what one finds when doing a bit of tidying! I had forgotten about a vest I cut out last winter just before life got crazy. So there I am cleaning out some cubbies and low and behold just sitting there awaiting. It' s nice to have well trained fabric, LOL So I spent a part of Saturday and Sunday sewing it up. I am so glad I found it. I love the way it came out. It's a lined vest, McCall's M593, which has since been discontinued. I used a brown microsuede with a cool thread design and brown sequins. Easy going together just two pattern pieces, front and back! I didn't add any embellishments, the fabric says it all!
(need to give my photographer a few lessons! LOL)

My only complaint was the hand sewing which is not my forte'. Guess I just have to practice more.  The good thing is I have enough fabric leftover I think I will make a purse and maybe even a little coin purse.

I should tidy that area a little more often me thinks!! Who knows what treasures lie within! LOL




May be buying a new a new machine soon. Starting looking and think I know the one I want. After vacation is soon enough to plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment