Monday, September 24, 2012

I Love My Bag!

So I got this idea to make a Purse Style Backpack, went online to do a quick search and found this wonderful blog with tutorials! Heart of Mary: http://pinoyinoz.blogspot.com/2008/07/tutorial-city-backpack.html. Just what I wanted, of course I can never leave well enough alone so did do a bit of tweaking here and there.


Don't you just love how you take take these items and turn them into something totally different and wonderful!! I fell in love with the fabric while at the store and knew it would be perfect for this.



The pattern has a pocket that goes completely across the bottom front, so first thing I changed was that. I made a deeper, narrower pocket that can hold my cell phone rather comfortably!



Got it all cut out and sewed away! Now the tutorial has you using metal slides for the straps but I couldn't find them at the stores I went to so decided to go with nonadjustable straps, which means I had to sit there and figure out how to do that! Came up with this.


Sewing the Front, Back and Sides went smoothly, got my straps in place and even a Grab Handle! The bag has a flap that fold over the top front and secures with a magnetic snap. That went on quite well I think.








Proceeded to make the liner and thought to add a D-Ring to the sides to clip a small purse or two to to hold cash, cards and whatnot.

 Thought it best to add a bit of extra security to the area so found a bit of scrap and there nicely sewn to inside of liner! Also added a bit of strengthener to the bottom of liner using a stabilizer from a falling apart shopping tote!



Was oh so pleasantly surprised how nicely the liner fit into the Bag. Has a drawstring to hold the top closed and I think it came out rather well if I do say so myself!!!





And here's the cute little purse I made to clip inside!!

Not bad eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment